Oral Surgery- Dr. Bae
WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL
Sometimes it is necessary to remove your wisdom teeth; whether to correct an actual problem or to prevent future problems that might occur.
Whether your wisdom teeth are crowding your other teeth or have become infected, Dr. Bae of Gainesville Dental Associates has the experience and expertise to safely remove these teeth through minor, out-patient surgery.
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. Missing teeth are unfortunately something that everyone faces at some point in their lives. If you have lost all of part of your teeth from extractions, accidents, or from any other cause, then it is vital to get the teeth replaced as soon as you possibly can. Dental implants can help:
- Improved appearance
- Improved speech
- Improved comfort
- Eating certain foods
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved oral health
With proper care dental implants can last a lifetime.
Do you have difficulty with:
- Open bite
- Protruding jaw
- Breathing problems
- Chewing, biting, and swallowing
- Speech problems
- Chronic jaw or TMJ pain
If you’ve tried orthodontics for the issues above without success, orthognathic surgery might be required to allow your jaw to align properly. GDA can provide treatment for these disorders. If you experience any of the above symptoms, schedule an evaluation to confirm a diagnosis. Dr. Bae will determine a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
TEMPOROMANDBULAR JOINT DISORDERS (TMD, TMJ)
TMD often causes severe pain and discomfort. It can be temporary or last many years. It might affect one or both sides of your face. More women than men have it, and it’s most common among people between the ages of 20 and 40. Common symptoms include:
- Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- Problems when you try to open your mouth wide
- Jaws that get “stuck” or “lock” in the open- or closed-mouth position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when you open or close your mouth or chew. This may or may not be painful.
- A tired feeling in your face
- Trouble chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite — as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly
- Swelling on the side of your face
GDA can provide treatment for these disorders. If you experience any of the above symptoms, schedule an evaluation to confirm a diagnosis. Dr. Bae will determine a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
Dr. Bae is trained and specializes in:
- Trauma and injuries to the face, jaw, mouth and teeth.
- Diagnosis and treatment of facial pain.
- Diagnosis and treatment of tumors or cysts in the maxillofacial region.
- Dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom teeth removals.
- Surgical reconstruction of inadequate bone structure in the jaw area, including implant site preparation and bone grafting procedures.
Some of our Service Areas: