At Gainesville Dental Associates we’ll take care of all your dental needs. We are one of the only local dental practices to have both an Oral Surgeon and Periodontist in our office.
Our Oral Surgeons are trained and specialize in:
- Evaluation, planning a course and placement of dental implants to replace one tooth or multiple missing teeth.
- Trauma and injuries to the face, jaw, mouth and teeth.
- Diagnosis and treatment of facial pain.
- Diagnosis and treatment of tumors or cysts in the maxillofacial region.
- Dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom teeth removals.
- Surgical reconstruction of inadequate bone structure in the jaw area, including implant site preparation and bone grafting procedures.
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Periodontists are also experts in the treatment of oral inflammation. Periodontists receive extensive training in these areas, including three additional years of education beyond dental school. They are familiar with the latest techniques for diagnosing and treating periodontal disease, and are also trained in performing cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Periodontists often treat more problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Periodontists offer a wide range of treatments, such as scaling and root planing (in which the infected surface of the root is cleaned) or root surface debridement (in which damaged tissue is removed). They can also treat patients with severe gum problems using a range of surgical procedures. In addition, periodontists are specially trained in the placement, maintenance, and repair of dental implants.