Dental Crowns Gainesville
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Crowns can be made of porcelain, metal, or both. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
Contact our office today to find out more about dental crowns in Gainesville, VA.
Dental crowns are custom-made caps that cover a tooth to improve its shape, strength, and appearance. Here are some of the benefits of dental crowns:
- Protects weak teeth: Dental crowns provide extra support to weak teeth that may be prone to cracking or breaking. They also prevent further damage to the tooth by holding it together.
- Restores the shape and size of the tooth: If you have a tooth that has been worn down or broken, a crown can restore its shape and size.
- Enhances the appearance of the tooth: Dental crowns can be made to match the color of your natural teeth, making them virtually indistinguishable from your other teeth. They can also improve the appearance of discolored or misshapen teeth.
- Improves tooth function: Crowns can improve the functionality of your teeth by restoring their ability to chew and bite properly.
- Covers dental implants: Dental crowns can be used to cover dental implants, providing a natural-looking replacement for missing teeth.
- Long-lasting: Crowns are durable and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
Overall, dental crowns offer a range of benefits for individuals with damaged or weak teeth, improving their function and appearance while providing long-lasting protection.