Sedation Dentistry: The Way to a Pain and Stress Free Dental Experience
Gainesville Dental Associates have provided quality dental care to residents in Gainesville, VA, Haymarket, Warrenton, and Bristow for years. Many people have a great fear of going to the dentist, and as a result they often put off much needed care because they are afraid of the pain that can go along with certain dental procedures. If you have a fear of going to the dentist, then sedation dentistry could be the solution you are looking for. It will put you at ease, and it will ensure that you are completely relaxed and pain free during your procedures.
Our team is very sensitive to the needs of our patients, and we want them to feel at ease when they come to us to get the dentistry procedures that they need to achieve optimal oral health. We offer a comfortable and safe experience that will make going to the dentist a breeze. Sedation dentistry will help patients to get the beautiful smile they have always wanted. Drs. Chehade and Batistas are fully certified to provide sedation dentistry in the form of oral conscious sedation. Our board certified anesthesiologists can also provide IV sedation for patients who prefer to sleep through their procedures. Not only will sedation keep you totally comfortable and relaxed, it will ease the fatigue and stress of extended visits for lengthy dental procedures as well.
Although many local dentists do not provide sedation dentistry, and think they have to travel to Fairfax, that is not the case at all; We have been providing this service for years. It is perfect for people who have special needs, or for those who experience anxiety about going to the dentist. We fully understand that each patient will have concerns, so we will walk each patient through the options that are available, to determine the best course of action for their individual needs.
Who Can Benefit from Sedation Dentistry?
If you experience one or more of the following issues, then sedation dentistry could be the answer:
- General Fear of Dental Care
- Past Traumatic Dental Experiences
- Trouble Getting Numb
- Complex Dental Issues
- Fear of Shots or Needles
- Sensitive Teeth
The 3 Main Types of Sedation Dentistry
- Oral Conscious Sedation. With oral conscious sedation, patients will be conscious, yet deeply relaxed. The patient will take an oral medication that is completely safe and affordable. Once the medication begins to take effect, patients will still be able to respond to requests and speak.
- Inhalation Sedation. With inhalation sedation, inhaled gas used to help your body completely relax. This method has been used for years, and it is the most popular type of sedation dentistry.
- General Anesthesia. With this type of sedation dentistry patients are given an IV, where the drugs will be administered. Patients are completely sedated when general anesthesia is used. The IV is given by a licensed anesthesiologist, and the patient will be monitored throughout their procedure.
Sedation Dentistry Facts
- It works! You will be fully relaxed throughout your entire appointment.
- It is completely safe! You will be able to choose the sedation method you prefer.
- You will have little to no memory of the experience.
- Fewer appointments are needed if sedation is used.
- No pain is felt if sedation is used.
- You will be constantly monitored while under sedation.
- Your body will be in a relaxed state for 2 to 6 hours.
- All patients that opt for sedation dentistry must be accompanied by someone who can guide or drive them home after the procedure.
Some of our Service Areas: